I don’t actually live in Peet but I’m taking a Peet Semester. This term is used to describe a semester in which a Beloit student does nothing but live off of artistic intuition. It is very much La vie Boheme en villa Belwah. I also like to think of it as destiny planning or a personal burning man. But here is a list of things I have been doing with my extra free time.
- Writing a lot of very therapeutic writing. Its almost as good as going to therapy but i don’t have to pay for it. The writing is a constant struggle though because I am such a relentless perfectionist.
- Playing Guitar – my goal is to learn a new song everyday for the entire semester. so far so good. stay tuned for you tube videos.
- Singing – I am taking singing lessons with Jamie van Ekk this semester and I’m trying to practice three hours a week so I can get through one song a week or maybe one every other week.
- Meditating – Good for the mind, good for the soul. People say I think too much I think they don’t think enough.
- Exploring Job Opportunities for the Summer – Internship applications, Job Contracting.
- And Possibly a Transfer Application – I love beloit but things just haven’t been the same since my best friend pledged kappa delta.
- Learning HTML Code – I never realized how interested I was in web design but thinking back on my childhood I did spend the larger part of my adolescence on myspace and Facebook, and chatting on AOL Instant Messenger.
- Learning to Cope with Anxiety & Depression – I have my work cut out for me there but it makes for some interesting writing.
- Reading Books I’ve Forgotten to Finish – Hence the title of this blog.